Advertise Here

ES2007S Professional Communication


I first heard about ES2007S from my friend, who had taken this module last semester. She told me that we would be taught how to write resumes, and it would be useful since I would be graduating soon. Up till last semester, I had no idea how to write a resume so I decided to heed my friend’s advice.

Reflecting on all that we’ve gone through in this course, I feel like I’ve learnt so much more than just how to write effective resumes and application letters. Not only did I learn useful skills like adopting the 7Cs in writing, creating effective business letters and writing proposals, I also had the opportunity to practise and hone these skills through blogging and the team project.

Other important skills like interpreting nonverbal communication cues, fostering intercultural communication, and building interpersonal communication, were also put into play when we worked in our teams for the project. Working on the project made me realize the importance of active listening and two-way communication especially when each individual had different opinions.

Though the last few weeks were rather hectic with the submission of our team proposal and oral presentation, I truly enjoyed spending time with the members of KKGS. Thinking back on all the funny things we shared during meetings still brings a smile to my face.

ES2007S has definitely been very rewarding as I’ve learnt a lot more than I set out to when I first decided to take up the module. The entire experience has been worthwhile and practical, and I’m glad that I enrolled in this class. Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone, especially my fellow KKGSians, for making this course so enjoyable. All the best for the exams!

8 comments:

Jivs said...

Hey gwen,

I too took this module for practical reasons like learning how to write a resume, application letter etc. And yes, I took away more than just that. I agree with you that this module was a very enriching experience on the whole.

All the best for your future endeavors.

Cheers,
Jivs

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Gwen, for this reflection. I'm glad that ES2007S was able to "hook you" with the resume bit. That seems to be the case for many people. Then once you're in the class, the value of other components becomes clear and the team work resonates as such a plus. You've done a good job with so many of the CA that I know you learned a lot. I really appreciate your hard work on your team and throughout the course.

Best wishes for a bright future!

Kenny Mok said...

Hi Gwen,

Wonderful picture you have there. Honestly, I found out most of us have roughly similar comments about this course and I guess this sums up the the consenus on the success of this module.

I agree with you about the fact that Team KKGS has indeed been an awesome bunch of people to work with. I think I will still remember all the 'girly gossips' that the four of us shared during all our meetings many years down the road.

Adios.

Shi Ting said...

hi Gwen,

i agree that this module was really useful to our future, regardless of the writing skills or interpersonal skills. i too had learnt a lot in this module.

And thanks very much for recommending me this module=)

all the best in the future=)

Shi Ting

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen,

From the photo, it is so visible that the shirt is a total mismatch from what kkg is wearing..
However, the photo also depicts the memorable times we have.

It is such coincidence that we are able to work together again after collaborating in the peer teaching and I am really delighted that I get to know you through this module.

All the best!

Cheers,
Serene

Keerthani said...

Hey Gwen,
I agree with you that this module was truly memorable, especially the group project. It was really nice working with you in the KKGS group (as well as the others in the group). And as Kenny mentioned, the "girly gossips" and the interviews we conducted, and cheesecake celebrations are really memorable.

All the best for your exams! :)

Gwen said...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. It was really nice working with you all :)

To Kenny: I'll be uploading the pictures on facebook soon. I used the "before" picture, so you look taller. :p

To Serene: Maybe we can get Kenny to photoshop your shirt to be all white. Haha!

To CK: I never thought that guys would be so "kpo" until Kenny started gossiping with us during the meeting. Serene hasn't smsed me so I think we'll probably head down to CELC on Thursday to submit. Come if you can :)

Gwen

Madan Ingnam said...

Very good reflection of the module!!!!

Post a Comment